Thursday, February 22, 2007

ESL Dropout Doesn't Quite Grasp Times Article

So this NY Times article about our lack of inhibition when sending e-mails or text messages (i.e., we'll say something electronically we wouldn't necessarily say in person) isn't that fascinating and I don't even know if I agree with it. If anything, I think I'm overly sensitive when I send e-mails that I'm not saying anything that'll come back to haunt me. However, the article allows readers to comment on their own experiences of sending an e-mail they wish they hadn't, and this entry is wonderful:

It happens to me one day to send a message to a friend greeting him.Latter on he answered me.The problem is that my mesage was misunderstood and it caused me many problems.Frankly,I regretted sending that message and I wished If hadn’t sent it.But it was too much late
— Posted by Jane

Misunderstood, huh? Wonder how that happened, "Jane."

Flame First, Think Later: New Clues to E-mail Misbehavior
Comments (See Feb. 20, 5:54 a.m.)

No comments: