Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Prefer Sunday Crosswords to Sunday DJs, But Maybe That's Just Me

Not-so-good idea: Williamsburg's new diner (24 hours!) pairs its Sunday brunch with drinks (good) and DJs (heh?). Isn't the point of Sunday brunch to relax and get Saturday night out of your system?
Rock Brunch

Awesome idea: A group is pushing to turn Williamsburg's abandoned Domino Sugar Factory into "New York's answer to the Tate Modern in London." Alas, plans for residential conversion are already underway, making it unlikely that Williamsburg will get its own waterfront museum.
An Alternate Proposal for Domino Sugar Factory

Questionable idea: My lease is up in two months (I am dumping LIC) and I'm trying to decide where I might head next. I have considered Bushwick as an alternative to some of Brooklyn's pricier neighborhoods, but this comment on BushwickBK really makes it sound no better than LIC:

"I would love to hang out in Bushwick more, but there’s…nothing to do most of the time. Really. Now don’t jump on me for saying it, but I’m a single girl without roommates. I’ve gotten friends to come play croquet in the park with me once. There’s no local bar near me. (Yay for a bar on Starr St.) There aren’t a lot of events in the neighborhood. (No free movies, few concerts that I know of.)"

Yikes. At least LIC has P.S.1.
More Bushwick Rumors

No comments: