Thursday, March 1, 2007

Assholes Drive Son 350 Miles to 'Cure' Homosexuality, Humiliate Him on Public Radio

So here's the bad news: Back in November, pastor Ted Haggard resigned from his church in Colorado 'cause he was screwing a male prostitute. But there's a silver lining! He's on the road to recovery and has brought attention to the "ex-gay movement," whose proponents believe that homosexuality can be cured. Really. Just listen to a few speeches, like this one, by Alan Chambers:

"The truth is, I used to be gay," he said at one point. "Big whoop."


Umm, can you even picture a straight dude saying that? "Big whoop?" Someone is in major denial. Even the title of the conference, "Love Won Out." It has "love" and "out" in the same sentence. Gay!
And who had to sit through Alan's shitty speech? Brett, a 16-year-old from San Diego whose Christian parents drove 350 miles so their son could hear Alan say "whoop" and be not gay anymore. Did it work?! Uh, no.

"Don't tell my parents but no; I know I'm gay, and like, their stories are really inspiring but I know this is me and I don't really want to change."

Poor kid. You just wanna give him a hug. And then see if he wants to go shopping or something.

Church Hosts Conference on 'Ex-Gay' Therapy

No comments: