Sunday, February 10, 2008

Last Night I Went to That Williamsburg 'Bowling Alley'

Why don't they just call it a waiting room and get over the false advertising? Nice bar, by the way. Great drinks, friendly bouncer, nice decor; you can check it out here. But! My friend N. got there around 8 p.m. to reserve a lane for our group. They told her there was a three-hour wait. I got there around 9:30, followed by the rest of our crew. We had a ticket (like the kind you get when you're in line at the bakery or meat counter) that said No. 29. When I arrived, the red digital number board (overhead) said 5. An hour later, it said 6. By 11 p.m., I believe it said 11, but I had been drinking all evening at this point, so my recollection becomes slightly less reliable.

The point being—there was no bowling to be had. Maybe my friends finally got to bowl. They were waiting it out when I left. I think they were on No. 20 when I walked out the door, sleepy, looking forward to home. Perhaps weeknights are a bit luckier at Gutter?

Image above of people who are not me bowling at the Gutter, from Shecky's.

The Gutter

No comments: